Natural & Organic Cosmetics Conference Berlin: Cultural changes call for repositioning
Changing values, digitalization, increasing competition: The market for natural & organic cosmetics is facing new demands. The 11th edition of the Natural & Organic Cosmetics Conference, to be held September 25-26, 2018 in Berlin in cooperation with the NürnbergMesse, organizer of the VIVANESS, will focus on the changes that the cosmetics industry needs to adapt to.
The Natural & Organic Cosmetics Conference will center on two major topics this year: The future-oriented positioning of cosmetic brands and new approaches to customer loyalty.
You can download the Conference program here:
International Natural & Organic Cosmetics Conference 2018 - The Program
Program: Tuesday, September 25, 2018
8:45 – 9:30 a.m. Registration, reception with coffee and tea
9:30 – 9:35 a.m. Welcoming speech
Wolf Lüdge, naturkosmetik verlag lüdge GmbH & Co. KG Greeting words: Danila Brunner, VIVANESS, NürnbergMesse GmbH
9:35–10:00 a.m. Taking stock: natural & organic cosmetics market
• Current data & facts
• Transforming markets and the consequences
• What is shaping the international market?
Elfriede Dambacher, Program Chairwoman, Owner naturkosmetik konzepte (DE)
10:00–10:30 a.m. Organic Cosmetics – a future-oriented product
• Organic cosmetics: will the influx of new consumers continue?
• Natural beauty – an ethical & ecological driver in a changing world?
• Product, ingredient & packaging trends of the future
Charlotte Libby, Senior Beauty Analyst Mintel Group Ltd. (GB)
10:30 – 11:00 a.m. The most important growth drivers for organic cosmetics
• Insights into four types of consumers
• What motivates the desire for sustainable consumption?
• Why is everyone keen to try something new?
• Millennials: Challenges and opportunities for brands and retail
Dr. Meike Gebhard, CEO Utopia GmbH (DE)
11:00 – 11:30 a.m. Meetingpoint coffee break
11:30 – 12:00 noon Financing succession& growth without “selling” yourself
• How to deter acquisitions by large corporations?
• Reasonable business entities for the future
• Transfer with continuity instead of identity loss
Armin Steuernagel, Co-Founder Purpose Stiftung (DE)
12:00 noon–1:00 p.m. Leadership 4.0 – heroes between digitalization and humanity
• How can executives stand up to the digital tornado?
• What are the four areas of tension for leaders?
• What skills do executives need to build upon?
Nicole Brandes, Owner Empowering New Leadership (CH)
1:00 – 2:15 p.m. Lunch break
2:15 – 3:30 p.m. Cultural change & shift in perspective in the natural cosmetics market
• How can companies retain their authenticity?
• What are possible differentiating strategies in times of ISO 16128?
• How can continuity be achieved in an increasingly turbulent era?
Discussion participants: Nicole Brandes, international Management Coach, Author & Partner of the Zukunftsinstitut (CH), Armin Steuernagel, Co-Founder Purpose Foundation (DE), Ulrich Jensch, Managing Director Robertet GmbH (DE), Alban Muller, Managing Director Alban Muller (FR), Julia Keith, Owner beautyjagd.de (DE)
3:30–4:00 p.m. Meetingpoint coffee break
4:00–4:30 p.m. New players in natural cosmetics
Dr. Theresa Friedrich, Owner DERMA ID (AT), Bernd Albrecht, CEO BAIMS Organic Cosmetics GmbH (DE), Ernest Schmidt, CEO Dryman’s Cosmetics GmbH (DE), Eva Galik, Senior Business Development Manager bitop AG (DE)
New brands interviewed by Janine Steeger
4:30–5:00 p.m. The brand spirit of natural & organic cosmetics
• Organic cosmetics: From interchangeable to unique communication
• What is the communicative potential of organic cosmetics?
• How can values be communicated emotionally and creatively?
Hassaan Hakim, CEO YOOL GmbH & Co. KG (DE)
5:00–5:45 p.m. From linear to circular – how we can stop the flood of plastic and benefit economically
• Why do 8 million tons of plastic end up in the oceans every year?
• What are the responsibilities of the cosmetics industry?
• What is the potential of a circular economy?
• Social Business as a new solution to old problems?
Hans Reitz, CEO The Grameen Creative Lab (DE)
5:45 – 6:00 p.m. Review 1st Conference day
6:30 –10:00 p.m. Get-together powered by VIVANESS
Look forward to interesting conversations and international networking.
Program: Wednesday, September 26, 2018
8:00 a.m. Reception
8:30–9:15 a.m. Diversity in beauty – Multicultural beauty
• Which challenges of societal change are communication and product development facing?
• How should brands expand their assortment?
• How should product development and marketing respond?
Eryca Freemantle, Global Beauty Educator and Strategist (GB)
9:15–10:15 a.m. Brazil
• Land of raw materials and emerging cosmetics market
• Opportunities & challenges for certified organic cosmetics
• Introduction of rainforest project Natura/Symrise/GIZ
Discussion participants: Frank Krämer, Project Manager GIZ GmbH (BR), Sascha Liese, Manager Corporate Sustainability, Symrise AG (DE), Alexandre Harkaly, CEO IBD (BR), and company representatives from Brazil and Europe.
Introduction and moderation: Moritz Aebersold, Owner Contura Consulting AG (CH)
9:15 –10:15 a.m. GMO/GMM – a no-go?
• GMO-free: a quality label for organic cosmetics?
• The role of GMM in manufacturing
• Procurement markets under pressure
Dr. Christoph Then, Managing Director Testbiotech e.V. (DE), Dr. Roland Grandel,
Specialist Member Counseling and collaboration with COSMOS – BDIH (DE), Dr. Mark Smith, Director General NATRUE (BE), Dr. Wilfried Petersen, Managing Director Evonik Dr. Straetmans GmbH (DE), Dr. Alice Kleber, Programme Manager System Products Cosmetics B.R.A.I.N. Biotechnology Research and Information Network AG (DE)
Introduction and moderation: Gerald A. Herrmann, Managing Director Organic Services GmbH (DE)
10:15–10:30 a.m. Discussion Panel A and B
10:30–11:15 a.m. Meetingpoint: Coffee break
11:15– 11:45 a.m. Digitalization in retail – answers to the demands of modern consumers
• What do modern consumers expect from retail?
• How will the significance of the POS change in this environment?
• How can retail improve customer loyalty and its position through digital approaches?
Roland Grassberger, Managing Director Grassfish Marketing Technologies GmbH (AT)
11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. The biology of loyalty – successful brands are not selling products, but affiliation
• Who are we? How do we think? Why do we act the way we do?
• How do evolutionary filters influence economic success?
• Why is humanity the most important prerequisite for long-term excellence?
Bert Martin Ohnemüller, High-Performance Business Coach (DE)
12:45–2:15 p.m. Lunch break
2:15–3:30 p.m. Customer loyalty in the era of digitalization
• Do retail and brands subsist on human encounters?
• What are the binding forces between customers,
brands and retail in the future?
• What is the DNA of customer appeal?
Discussion participants: Christoph Werner, Managing Director Marketing & Procurement dm-drogerie markt GmbH + Co. KG (DE), Bert Martin Ohnemüller, High-Performance Business Coach (DE), Georg Schweisfurth, Co-Founder basic AG and Entrepreneur (DE), Kathrin Nusser, CFO Flaconi GmbH (DE), Gundula Böger-Heidenreich, Head of Purchasing drug store EDEKA Handelsgesellschaft Minden-Hannover mbH (DE)
3:30–3:45 p.m. Summary, review and farewell from organizer Wolf Lüdge and Danila Brunner, VIVANESS
Here you can download the Natural Cosmetics Conference Program: